Monday, May 30, 2011

"The Next Level."

So I decided to hit Ikea again today. Work ended late, so only managed to get there at about 18:45. As you might probably know from my previous post, my Abec 11 Freeride wheels are no longer with us (rest their soul). So I decided to try my standup slides with my Abec 11 classic thane BigZigs (75mm 81A). Let's just say that I had no idea that they would be this awesome. I didn't have my trusty tape-measure with me, but with the good old-fashioned heel-to-toe foot measuring system I managed to get to about 28-30 feet. This, for me, is what I would like to term "The Next Level". The last, and most fastest, stand-slide I did (ever!) I K.O.'d across the tarmac. I decided I would end the day there and maybe try again tomorrow with a wrist guard (or three!) on or something.

The video below is me trying to film myself (with my cellphone!) skating the longer hill, next to where I was sliding. The road is beautifully fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment