Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hardcoring Ikea Sesh.


So I finally managed to get some skating done today. I met up with Antonio and a new guy we hadn't skated with before called Mitch. The weather had been pretty weird the past couple of days, with it being sunny and hot during the day and thunder storms in the evening. Luckily today the rain stayed away and we managed to get some sliding done at our local hill near Ikea. I have been practicing my stand-up slides every moment I get, and my Abec 11 freeride wheels have been loving it. They've lasted quite a while (December 2010) but suddenly the lip has disappeared and a hardcore flat spot has taken its place. I was pretty amped to try and core the wheel but it has become unbearable to skate on. So much so that when I do gain speed my legs itch from the vibration! All in all it was a great 3 hour skate session!
 
Antonio and Mitch.



Slowly getting there.

Escape Studios representing!

Trying to give some kind of reference to scale. They really are tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment