Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rome. The Intro.

Ok, so I have arrived in Rome and have currently been living here for almost three weeks. This blog is to document my skating in not only Roma, but also throughout Europe (hopefully). Up until this point in time I have been preoccupied with trying to find a place to stay, as well as finding a job. I now have both, so in my free time (if I get any) I plan to skate as much as possible. Even if it is only to work and back.

I managed to skate for the first time, since arriving in Rome, last week Sunday (6 March). It was quite nerve-racking as the cars drive on the right hand side of the road, not the 'wrong' side as I have been told. Accompanied by my girlfriend, who helped with spotting cars, I managed to get a couple of slides in. The roads aren't the greatest, but they will suffice. I happen to live at the top of a hill, not the biggest one, but still enough to get some speed. I need to get some new slide wheels as I am having trouble with my ever diminishing Abec11 Freerides. But they are alright, as they help with sliding at lower speeds.

The Freerides. Slightly flatspotted, but still holding strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment